Tuesday, June 05, 2007

If you think bouncing back after a mission trip is hard

... try rising from the dead.

I'm back but I'm beat. I came back early from the trip (late Friday night) so that I could perform a wedding ceremony for friends on Saturday. Today I'm beginning a part-time gig for a church in lower Fairfield County, having to interview persons to find a responsible one to care for my children two days a week this summer, and still many other promises to keep.

I'm working on two poems about the trip, which I'll post in the near future. If you haven't already, go to Simply Smiles and read about our work for the week.

You can also read about last year's trip here and here.

2 comments:

sharecropper said...

Welcome home! I checked out the link, but I couldn't find pictures or notes from your group - I know I'm blind. The site is wonderful, and I'll bet you cried when you left those kids. I wish you strength and wisdom this summer especially.

Cynthia said...

Thanks, Share Cropper. Yeah, it looks like the Simply Smiles folks have another volunteer group there and using the journal space we used! And I do miss the kids.

Thanks for the good wishes. I'll need them both!