Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The random eight meme

I have been tagged by Share Cropper--thanks, babe!

  • I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.

  • Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

  • People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

  • At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

  • Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Eight random facts/habits--I don't know if there are eight of those that will not induce a yawn or a trip to the bathroom but I'll try.

  1. I was born on an Air Force base in Texas (of all places) and baptized by an Air Force chaplain. We lived there for only six months or so before we moved onto Biloxi, MS where my brother was born.
  2. I love the aroma of coffee and bacon. When I was a small child, we visited my grandparents in Hattiesburg, MS. My grandfather would start the coffee and bacon for breakfast, which I could smell from my bedroom on the second floor at the other end othe house. Since I didn't see them very often (we lived in MA), it made the trip that much more special.

  3. Toilet paper with the end over the top. It's easier to reach. (Hey, it's a habit.) Sometimes I fold it into a triangle like they do in hotels.

  4. I was married on the anniversaries of Stonewall and the United Church of Christ--June 25. It will be thirteen years.
  5. From ages 8 to 13 I went to a dance hall every Saturday where I learned square, line, and folk dances. We did different activities during the year: an exhibition dance in a McDonald's parking lot; a mystery drive to my old elementary school that was hosting a square dance; square dancing on our bicycles, in the rain, hopping on one foot, in the grass with bare feet, with a lemon in our mouths, with paper bags over our feet. At the end of every year we went to Natick, MA to dance in the New England Folk Festival. I wore a skirt with a petticoat underneath that would swish when I moved and learned how to dance the boy's part as well, since there were more girls than boys in our group.
  6. When my husband is out of town or coming home late, I cannot go to bed at our usual time of 10 p.m. I end up reading a book, watching TV or surfing the Internet until I am bleary-eyed.

  7. I wear glasses for driving, watching TV and movies, and preaching (so I can see faces). I used to wear them all the time. But since I have turned 40 I can no longer wear them while I am eating, reading, crocheting, or working on the computer. So I hang them in the neckline of my blouse.

  8. I did not learn how to ride a bike until I was 10. Too scared of injury and pain. Still am. I gave birth naturally to two babies, breastfed them for a year and half each, but I am still afraid of falling off my bike. I also don't ski or skate. I would rather go sledding or tubing on my butt, since that is where I'll end up anyway.

I'm not going to tag anyone, partly because most of my blogfriends have already done this, partly because I'm chicken to tag anyone. So, if you're reading this and you wish to participate, consider yourself tagged. Let me know in the comments of this post so that I can pop over and read your entry.

1 comment:

sharecropper said...

Thanks for playing. There's something about having lived in Mississippi that makes a person more interesting - even if they've been gone a long time. I don't drink coffee, but I love its smell, and now I shall think of grandfathers when I smell coffee.