Thursday and Friday of this week I was at Andover Newton Theological School in Newton Centre, MA for their annual Woodbury Leadership Workshop. Author Brian McLaren was the featured speaker and he shared this with us. (I also had lunch and a beer with The Improbable Bostonian, who I thought would enjoy this immensely.)
Top 10 Reasons Why Beer Is Better Than Religion
by Steve Berry of the Texas A&M University Agnostic & Atheist Student Group
10. No one will kill you for not drinking Beer.
9. Beer doesn't tell you how to have sex.
8. Beer has never caused a major war.
7. They don't force Beer on minors who can't think for themselves.
6. When you have Beer, you don't knock on people's doors trying to give it away.
5. Nobody's ever been burned at the stake, hanged, or tortured over their brand of Beer.
4. You don't have to wait more than 2,000 years for a second Beer.
3. There are laws saying that Beer labels can't lie to you.
2. You can prove you have a Beer.
1. If you've devoted your life to Beer, there are groups to help you stop.